posted 13 Oct 2011, 13:16 by Lance Ewing
Today I have built and released the fifth milestone of PICEDIT 1.3.
The new features include:
- New windows style toolbar that can be dragged out to be floating or docked in either the left, right or top borders of the desktop.
- The current docked position of the tool panel is saved as a preference when the application is closed.
- Status bar moved to bottom of screen and changed to look more like the modern status bars found in web browsers, IDEs, graphics editors, etc.
- Zooming in and out with the mouse wheel.
- Mouse wheel click will now pop up the visual colour chooser.
- Fixed usability issue where zooming in was not automatically resizing the window.
- Split the brush tool out into separate brush and airbrush tools.
- Brush size and shape is now selected visually by clicking on the appropriate image.
- Changed the look and feel to use the system look and feel across all components. This means that on Windows the internal frames will look like normal Windows frames rather than the Java look and feel that was present in milestone 4. On Mac OSX they will look like Mac OSX windows.